31090051

my father mr Archie McIntyre is trying to find out if anyone

my father mr Archie McIntyre is trying to find out if anyone in ir one ayrshire drew up the last will and testament of his sister and brother in law grace an Willie Sutherland...his sister passed away about 12 yrs ago and her husband about 10 yrs ago..they both resided In the senior home in Irvine...u fortunately we live in toronto canada ..any info you could help us with in finding out who the solicitors could be would be greatly appreciated...the will may also have been drawn up in saltcoats or ardrossan...sincerly C Mcintyre
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
There's no registry of wills in Scotland. If the estates were wound up and Confirmation (probate) applied for the local court will have a copy of each will.
If not you have to write to the solicitors in the local area and you can also place an advert in the Journal of the Law Society of Scotland.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello.....didn't feel I was given enough info to continue in finding out who the solicitor was...as I stated, we I've in toronto....I tried googling the info you sent to no avail...do you have the email address of the law society paper that I may use......since we live in Canada, and this is our only problem we would not necessarily be using your web site again...I would appreciate you advising me on how to cancel my account...further any info on my question would be greatly appreciated...my case file number is ***** C Mcintyre
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Everything is easily available online:
The Journal: http://www.journalonline.co.uk
The Law Society of Scotland to get lawyer's firms in the area: www.lawscot.org.uk
To contact the Scottish Courts Service: www.scotcourts.gov.uk
Experts don't deal with customer accounts. I believe you can contact customer services for account queries.