75100385

I have a very unusual case, I purchased a florist business

Customer Question

I have a very unusual case, I purchased a florist business (with Planning) back in April 2014, in the contract we agreed that the previous owner will stay on for 6 months to help me understand & run the business successfully. The purchase price of what we agreed was to be paid in stages, i.e.: Purchase price £450,000 + £100K for the business. £297,000 was paid to the vendor on completion, all chattels goods etc was to be transferred over to me in April. A figure of £16,000+ was to be paid monthly for 12 months, we agreed that the vendor will wait for the £16,000 per month until the development was completed? Up until 31st December 2014 the debit card machine e-florist and the majority of contracts were not passed onto myself? Yesterday I dismissed the previous owner reasons being?
1) He did not pass over all the business to me on completion of which was stated in the contract.
2) I changed over the credit card terminal on the 30th December 2014.
3) I received a copy of the latest transaction from the terminal up until 30th November 2014 (£50,000) has been received from customers going into the old terminal I received a copy of the previous 12 months which includes April 2014 to December 2014 when I took over.
4) The previous owners solicitors sent me a summons relating to no monies was paid to the vendor up until his dismissal.
I now this has to go to court but on me dismissing the previous owner even though he has gone passed the 6 months that we agreed for him to stay on & help me with the business, but he was helping himself with a lot of money?
Can you advise me?
Clayton St Cyr
Alex Watts : Were a
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Alex Watts : Were all the terms in writing please?
JACUSTOMER-jqvw5vi4- :

Yes, I completed on the purchase of the business.

Alex Watts :

you have rated bad service, but I have not given you an answer?

Alex Watts :

On what basis is the £50,000 being claimed if the owner already had this?