12826847

I work as a mini cab driver for uber while I was driving a

Customer Question

I work as a mini cab driver for uber while I was driving a customer to her destination she jumbled from her seat and shouted to me turn left as I had no plans to take that left I did as she asked I was met by two police officers who issued me with 3point and £100 fine the customer got out and told the police it was her fault for telling to take that left but the officer told her the sign said ahead only
The customer promised to give a written letter to support in case I want to court
Have I got in chance in court?will the court sympathise with me?
I am really sorry but it is bad news.
You should pay the fixed penalty if that is still an option.
You have no chance at all in court and, in fact, the situation is aggravated by you being a mini cab driver not mitigated.
Ultimately you are the driver. Compliaince with the RTA is for you not the passenger. You did not.
The fact that you are a professional driver is a specific aggravating feature in the sentencing guidelines and the fact that you were actually carrying a passenger for hire and reward is even worse.
If this is S36 RTA then you would only get 3 points but the financial penalty will be higher.
Take the fixed penalty unless you are prepared to risk that.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've been driving for more then 25 years with a clean licence this came as a shock not to mention that uber put drivers under a lot of pressure where they allow the passengers to rate you from 1 to 5 stars if your rating drop to 3 stars they get rid of you this makes wanting to please customers.
I came across some law firms that can defend you in cases such as mine is it worth pursuing that option
Not on the basis of what you have said. There is no defence in saying that your passenger told you to turn left I am afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have to inform my insurance company of this three point on my licence
Only if there is a requirement o do so.
Otherwise you will have to disclose at the time of renewal.