UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My wife is on a spousal visa which she had received before

My wife is on a spousal visa which she had received before the 9th July 2010. Her visa is due to expire on the 6th March 2015. I am well aware that she needs to meet the English requirement. However I have herd the just passing her ESOL Entry 3 is not enough for her application for indefinite leave to remain, she also needs to pass the Life in the UK. Is this True?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
Yes that is correct, regardless of when she obtained her original visa to enter the uk, she now needs to pass the life in the UK test as well as her English language test to obtain indefinite leave to remain.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to know if my wife is allowed more time as it has been very difficult in her passing the life in the UK. Also the test booking are a month late. Her visa is due to expire on March 2015. Can you provide me with further information on what I can do so she can have more time to pass her life in the UK test. Even if this means re doing her ESOL all over again.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
She needs to apply using form FLR M, which will be issued for a further 2 years , in the form there is an option allowing her to extend her visa due to the fact that she has not passed her life in the UK test. Please see the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply
She can then apply for indefinite leave to remain as soon as she has passed the required tests.
I hope this answers your questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Finally we have a son together born in the UK, will he be affected in anyway when applying for an extension? Or will the application be soley on her and I myself as the sponsor. Thank you.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
No the son will not be effected, as you rightly said, it is only soley between your wife and yourself.
The child will be a British citizen at birth.
I hope this clarifies the matter.