75100385

A family friend is happy to take my parents dog. Their dog

A family friend is happy to take my parents dog. Their dog can sometimes be aggressive and does bite with warning and is getting wose. The dog bit both my father and I during the Christmas period when all was calm and we were just chatting. Due to my parents age and state of health, the options we feel are no options other than to put the dog down or give it away. Are there any legal issues we should be aware of or have a disclosure letter signed by both parties? We obviously don't wish any comeback should the new owner be bitten.
Many thanks,
Lorraine
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Just to be clear it is the other dog the friend already has that has been aggressive or the one you want to gift?
Customer: Apologies for confusion. Just the one dog- my parents dog. They have a friend who is willing to take it knowing full history of the dog. I just don't wish for my parents to somehow be responsible for any issues or to be sued etc by the new owner should anything happen.
Alex Watts : Sure. What you can do is get a short letter prepared that says he acccepts full responsibility for the dog and agrees to not pursue your parents for any claim whatsoever as a result of taking the dog,
Alex Watts : Also say he accepts and consents to all risks and liability because of the dog.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: That's great, thank you. Was thinking on similar lines but this just clarifies the position.
Customer: I note that u do L&T work . I am a surveyor so will keep your details should I be in need of advice in this respect in the future. Thanks again.
Customer: lorraine