75100385

I have an issue with a custom sales webinar that promised certain

Customer Question

I have an issue with a custom sales webinar that promised certain outcomes like minimum number of attendees, more sales etx etx during sales call while none of this was indicated in the contract. the real outcome did not meet any of the criteria, there is a dispute on the invoice - how should i approach this ?
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo

Happy New Year, unfortunate that i have to start the year on this topic.

Let me explain the situation in detail.

I run a start-up out of Brussels, Belgium. In my sales process i used a leading provider of customized online webinars from UK preceded by a email campaign to get participants. During the sales talk on phone , they said i can expect anywhere between 60 to 120 participants (i have notes taken based on the call - but not a email). And the whole purpose was to convert the participants as leads and have meaningful conversation.There were detailed discussion with their in-house analyst who explained the process etx etx.

During the email campaign driven by the organizer (focused on geographies USA and EU) based on their database of contacts and industry influence it turned out that the expected registrations where much lower. We eventually set a number of 20 participants at-least (this i have in mail indirectly where they said we will send out so many emails to get at-least 20 participants) i offered to post-pone the event citing low registrations, but the organizer refused as they had to incur costs etx.

Eventually on the day of the event there were 13 participants, of which 3 where from Africa / China and some double dialed. So eventually 8 of them. I sent a mail that i am extremely disappointed, the internal analyst sent me a email saying they are also very disappointed with the turnout.

Now i have not paid the invoice yet and i am disputing that is not fair to make me pay this when they acknowledge failure. They offer me to exhibit at their event for free but it makes no sense for me.

They cite the contract as the base where they say that they have not mentioned anything about minimum participants or outcomes - but they used this heavily in their sales process. (also its not normal that companies do webinars just for the sake of it without outcomes)

They argue that this is not how big companies work, but i had made it very clear that mine is a startup from the beginning and that the primary purpose is to get leads from the webinar.

I am willing to bear a part of the cost that they incurred in people and time but not willing to pay the full invoice. Can they proceed against me legally and what are my chances in case they do so citing the only basis as a contract which has no outcomes in it.?

Jacob

Thanks. *****
This is not really my area in the light of your explanation. I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could you please make this a private post ?

Jacob

Hello Jacob
All posts are public I am afraid. Is this a uk law question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes this is a UK law question

Ok how much did you pay and by what method?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alex, could we please take this offline and discuss via email ?

Sadly not. We can discuss by phone, but that is an extra service.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alex, i have made the payment.
Could you please let me know when we could talk.

Please see below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My mobile number is ***** on the private contact info area.

Can you call me in 15 minutes ?

Hi Jacob
I did try your number but it transferred to a UK number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i got a call from a Unknown number. It just got disconnected as i picked

Could you please call me again or provide me a number where i can call?

Tried again! It rang several times .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure how you are calling me via skype or so... i see my phone ringing for a second and then it stops. I am able to receive other calls from UK today without issues.

Could you call me on from a normal phone or provide me a number where i can reach

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i just received a call from a UK number +44 (unknown) and it rings only for a second... and disconnects

Ok I will try now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the call Alex.

Jacob

Happy to help!