12826847

I purchased a car battery from a AA patrolman August 2013 he

Customer Question

I purchased a car battery from a AA patrolman August 2013 he informed me it carried a five year guarentee.I had a joint membership with my partner which he paid for having trouble with my car starting I rang the AA to be told the membership had lapsed and that because I was no longer a member the guarentee was no longer valid.I have now joined the RAC on my own and they have been out to my car and showed me the meter saying the car needed a new battery also it was the wrong battery that had been fitted.I feel that I have been treated wrongly by the AA and wonder if I have any recourse.I have the receipts for the battery transaction appears on my bank statement
Does the guarantee lapse if you let membership lapse?