13262538

Hi The police may come round to ask some questions with

The police may come round to ask some questions with regard to my sister in law going to the poise with regard to 3rd party harassment from her estranged husband show she has a non molestation order on. He did indeed come round to speak to me, but did not ask me to ask her anything nor have I spoke about it to her. She found out he had been round and claimed thats 3rd party harassment which I know it is not. Do I simply ask the police what she said to them?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
As you say this is not third party harassment - it would only be that if he had asked you to tell her things or had told you things deliberately to make you think badly of your sister in law.
Even if he did in fact do that you do NOT have to tell the police what he said to you - it was a private conversation between you and you are entitled to continue a relationship with him if you so wish.
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
I am sure my colleague will not mind me contributing as I am a criminal law.
Just refuse to make a statement. Just tell the police you do not want to support an allegation and will not give evidence. You are perfectly free to do that in the UK. There is no offence here of refusing to help the police with their enquiries.
If you make a statement though they will summons you.
Quite interesting how quickly this young lady has caused you inconvenience, eh? Vexatious accusers are dangerous to everybody around them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** 7 bad texts to her sister, she blocked her off face book and her mobile, but sends the last text after she had blocked her!

We have pulled away from her and her husband they can sort this out without our input

Yes, absolutely right.
If she continues to contact you then report her to the police for harassment and give her a taste of her own medicine.
The police may well put pressure on you to make a statement as this twaddle has been dumped upon them regardless of their choice and they are under pressure to do everything they should. It is not their fault but it will happen. Just stand your ground. Nobody can make you give information to the police. What you must not do is lie of course.
Do me a favour and leave feedback for my colleague's response not mine.
Families are often drawn in when couples separate - and the fallout can be unpleasant as people are inevitably hurt.
She is entitled to feel hurt if her sister does not take her side - but that does not mean that you cannot continue a friendship with her ex should you wish to do so.
A word of warning however - family rifts are hard to heal and your partner should certainly NOT report anything to the police - such things are hard to recover from.
It is highly unlikely that the police will contact you - if they do simply say that you do not wish to be involved