How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi iv instructed my solicitors on my right to buy property

Customer Question

Hi iv instructed my solicitors on my right to buy property and 18 weeks later iv not completed , I am upset that its taken so long as i am still paying rent whereas i should be paying off my mortgage there any reimbursement i can ask for as surveys were back beginning of Dec - Now Jan and still waiting ,I feel like i do not want to pay the full cost of the solicitors bill when it does eventually arrive , A Hesbrook
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Has any reason been given for the delay please?

Customer :

no other than i pursued a reason as to why iv not completed ..i was given the reason he was sorry he has just come back from holiday!.Im annoyed as my mortgage has been in place since sept and ill be a yr older next month Feb and all this wasted time i am paying rent when i should have been reducing my repayment mortgage .. seems a very long time 18 weeks esp when a friends of mine also had them to do their conveyancing and instructed a week after me and completed on their house /sale/and new purchase four weeks ago! Mine should have been straight fwd Right to buy .. no chain as i already live in property.

Alex Watts : Indeed.
Alex Watts : Is he a single man firm?
Customer :

No N P Eason solicitors

Alex Watts :

I would write and complain to the Managing Partner of the firm

Alex Watts :

They will have a system in place that deals with complaints as this a compliance requirement.

Alex Watts :

If that does not resolve the matter you can then take it to the legal Ombudsman who offer a free independent service at:

Alex Watts :

Or the Solicitors Regulatory Authority:

Alex Watts :

They can both recommend that the bill is reduced or you are due compensation

Alex Watts :

That should resolve the matter for you

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Related Law Questions