tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

My mother has passed away and has left a will naming my brother

My mother has passed away and has left a will naming my brother and myself as executors. I have Court of Protection for my Mum to deal with her property and affairs do I still need to go through probate before selling her home?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hello, thanks for your question. My name is***** can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Yes, you are still going to need to go through probate to be able to sell the property. Deputyships from the Court of Protection (which I believe you are referring to) does not mean you can avoid probate and other forms of power of attorney will lapse on death - so in short, you will still need to take the matter through probate.

tdlawyer :

Does this answer your question please?