tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

My employer has failed to pay my son's salary and removal costs

My son's employer has failed to pay my son's salary and removal costs to the sum of approx. £13,000 despite constant promises to do so. My son has worked for this company since March 2014 at a salary of £50000p.a. He has now cut his salary to £30000 p.a. which has left my son in considerable financial difficulties. What can he do to get the money owing to him?

tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for the question. My name is***** should be able to answer this.

tdlawyer :

Has he resigned, or does he intend to resign, due to the monies owed to him?

Customer:

He is currently staying with the company whilst he looks for alternative employment and then resign.

tdlawyer :

Okay. If he has resigned, then he could claim in the Employment Tribunal for the money owed to him, or he could do it now (whilst in employment) through the County Court.

tdlawyer :

He can issue a claim online in the county court which is very easy to do: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Customer:

Tony Thanks for the info.