How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

My employer has failed to pay my son's salary and removal costs

Resolved Question:

My son's employer has failed to pay my son's salary and removal costs to the sum of approx. £13,000 despite constant promises to do so. My son has worked for this company since March 2014 at a salary of £50000p.a. He has now cut his salary to £30000 p.a. which has left my son in considerable financial difficulties. What can he do to get the money owing to him?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for the question. My name is***** should be able to answer this.

tdlawyer :

Has he resigned, or does he intend to resign, due to the monies owed to him?


He is currently staying with the company whilst he looks for alternative employment and then resign.

tdlawyer :

Okay. If he has resigned, then he could claim in the Employment Tribunal for the money owed to him, or he could do it now (whilst in employment) through the County Court.

tdlawyer :

He can issue a claim online in the county court which is very easy to do:


Tony Thanks for the info.

tdlawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you