12826847

I purchased a 3 piece suite and are still waiting for delivery

I purchased a 3 piece suite and are still waiting for delivery which is nor for another 4 weeks, but since my initial transaction, the price has reduced by nearly £500 am I entitled to a refund?
I am sorry but it is bad news.
The price is the price at the time that you purchase. The price of an item is no more than the amount that you agree to pay for it.
The fact that it has subsequently fallen or is available more cheaply elsewhere makes this a bad deal. It doesn't mean you have a right to a refund.
The contract is formed at the time that you agree to pay not at the time of delivery.
They may offer a reduction if you complain about it but if you went to court then you would lose on that basis unless, of course, the distance selling regulations apply and then you can cancel for any reason.
Sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would it be inappropriate to cancel my transaction and re-order at the new price?

They could sue you for the difference I'm afraid.
Whether they will or not is another matter.