12826847

how long does a property have to be in a trust before its protected

Customer Question

how long does a property have to be in a trust before its protected ?
If you suspect somebody who was vulnerable what acts could be taken ?
Is it legal for the solicitor of the main beneficiary to act for both parties ?
I Was told that i was a beneficiary of a trust set up in mid 2013 and my auntie whose property it was passed away in july 2014 but i have never received any correspondence confirming this ?
I have requested information from the executor of the estate in october 2014 He said he would speak to the solicitor and respond to my question but its january 2015 and no response
I suspect fowl play but how can i prove it ?
Why did your Aunt create a Trust in this way?
Do you know if Probate has been obtained
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Claire

she wanted to secure her bungalow from the authorities should she end up in a nursing home and leave it to people according to my brother .But he seems to be the only beneficiary funny really as his solicitor arranged it all He says that he does not need to apply for probate as the bungalow was in trust and the with regards ***** ***** will her other assets do not amount to qualify for probate

Jen Maiden

Have you been on the Land Registry website and looked at the ownership of the property?