75100385

Hi I want to replace my fence on the right ( I know its mine)

Hi I want to replace my fence on the right ( I know its mine) I wrote a letter to my neighbour around four weeks ago as he has attached wires to the back of my fence with screws and his plants are overgrown and have damaged the fence the same as the previous neighbour did, so I want to replace it with a concrete gravel board wall so I dont have to do it again. My neighbour has written back saying he does not want me to do it, and will call the police if I proceed, can he stop me, Will the police stop me
where do I stand. I just feel like he is bullying me. The work is due to start tomorrow.
Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Customer:

Thanks. Do you need any mor info?

Jo C. :

I am sorry. I didn't mean to post to this. It is not really my area.

Jo C. :

i have opted out for others.

Customer:

So does someone else answer?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I see the other expert is opting out,
For now please let me know whether it is your fence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes its my fence it's on the deeds

This is a civil matter, the face he screwed things to your fence is criminal damage. Therefore he is guilty of an offence as he has damaged your property.
If you remove his plants etc then technically you are guilty of criminal damage as well. So if the police are called you both have committed an offence and I imagine the police would say it's civil.
It's your fence, you can do what you want with it.
Therefore you can take the old one down, put gravel etc. you don't even actually need a new fence, you could leave it open if you want.
So yes you can.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What about trespass I assume that would

Civil as well ?

Yes.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience