75100385

me and my business partner own 50% share in a trademark. our

Customer Question

me and my business partner own 50% share in a trademark. our business relationship has gone sour. can i he stop me from using the trademark?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether this is a partnership or limited company?
JACUSTOMER-z8iq2dhp- : It's a limited company. But the trade mark is not in the company name. It's in our individual name
Alex Watts : Is there any agreement between you re the use of the mark?
JACUSTOMER-z8iq2dhp- : No, there is no agreement, we trade marked the brand as joint owners
Alex Watts :

Ok - if you both own it then you both can use it.

Alex Watts :

So no, you cant be stopped - you own half!

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-z8iq2dhp- :

I wish to continue selling the products under the trademark on my own. Am i ok to do this. To Clarify we manufacture sauces under the trademark of Mum's by Niru Parmar. Sorry to be a pain but just want to get this right.

Alex Watts :

Yes but then if your ex wants to they can too

Alex Watts :

Unless was there an agreement to the contrary you can sell yes

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-z8iq2dhp- : YesThank you
Alex Watts :

Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today - the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/