Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Hi i have a question regarding execution of a will. My mother

i have a question regarding execution of a will.
My mother passed away on 19/11/2011 and left a will. I was the executor and had instructions to distribute various personal items to family members by agreement. These items have not been distributed due to disputes over who they should go to.
My father passed away on 21/12/2014 and i need to clarify if responsibility for these undistributed items pass to my fathers executor (not me) or whether the responsibility still lies with me.
I am hoping I can still decide how to deal with the items without the influence of my fathers executor.
Hope this makes sense!
Tim Whittle
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
If these personal items belonged to your Mother, and she has specifically mentioned them as such in her Will, then these items still remain in her Estate, and it is your responsibility to distribute them and has nothing to do with your Father's Estate or Executor.
I hope this assists you, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.
Kind Regards
AL