75100385

I was detained unlawfully by police back in March 2014 and

Customer Question

I was detained unlawfully by police back in March 2014 and complained to IPCC. I received a letter from Kent Police professional standards that my detention was unlawful. I want to sue police force for compensation.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to see what are my options

Ok.
So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I need to know is whether you have a specific question about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to know how I can go about claiming for compensation? what can be the grounds?

Sorry but what is the unlawful detention?
You were booked in at 21.00pm ish on 4 April and released at around 14.30pm on the 5th?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh! so I have to clear what unlawful detention is? Yes I was kept in detention on the time you stated above.

Then that doesn't exceed the time clock.
They had 24 hours. That is not 24 hours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When the detention is unlawful it is liable for compensation. This is also written in the letter from police. Seem you are advising on a subject you have no knowledge about.
Anyway thanks for your time.
Amir
Opting out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there noone else who can advice? As I am nowhere near to any advice?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
I think you would get less than £50,000 if successful.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/