13262538

My husband has a 10 year lease on another commerical property.

Customer Question

My husband has a 10 year lease on another commerical property. It is comming up to its 5 year break cluase. This company is profitable now. He would want to continue the lease. I believe he and I are the tenants and we are both guarantors. How would I go about suggesting he transfers the lease into his name and the guarantor as we are divorcing?
How far has the divorce reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No where yet. We have only agreed that we are going to.

Have you started negotiations over the finances at all - if not have you considered using Famity Mediation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No we haven't. Only that we own two flats both of which we wish to live and own separately. That seems a good place to start. I had not considered that.

This issue of the lease is a matter that would best be addressed within the financial negotiations relating to the divorce
Given the complexity of the matters I would suggest that you discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
WWW.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details