Hi Jo, you answered my question the other day regarding a wedding

Customer Question

Hi Jo, you answered my question the other day regarding a wedding cancellation. I was wondering if I could ask you to act for me as I think an official letter should be drafted and sent to the catering company - is this possible please
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
are you asking me to write to the company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jo,

Yes, if your charges are what I can afford, then I would be very grateful for you to write to the catering company through your legal firm so they can take me seriously – I don’t think an email from me to them will be effective.

Furthermore, as they have duped me in signing the contract (saying that I have until 14th Jan 2015 to cancel the wedding and I would not have to pay anything more than the deposit itself) I feel that the service they have provided is unsatisfactory – you can see for yourself that they have also not kept to their contract terms when demanding a further £2400 from me as their cancellation terms state something different. I wonder if I am within my right to claim the deposit of £2850 as well?

Please feel free to give me a contact email or something where we can further this confidentially.

Very best wishes,

Points to note are:

• They did not give me a dually signed copy of the contract

• They did not advise me to seek legal advice before I signed the contract

• As you identified, the contract is prejudicial to one party (themselves)

• They have 2.5 months still to go to re-market the venue for the provisional wedding date of 14th March 2015

• I have not yet used their service e.g. food, venue use etc. (which you identified on 2nd Jan)

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure that I am allowed to do that under the rules of this site but if you talk to either of these chambers
then they will have somebody who can write correspondence under the public access rules. The clerks may not know that they can do that offhand. The old public access rules used to prohibit it but those who have done the top up course are able to write letters.
I would imagine it would probably be about £100 but that is a rough guess.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much Jo, i will contact them - really very kind of you!

Best wishes - Robin

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile