12826847

How can I look at a will of my partner though we did't live

How can I look at a will of my partner though we did't live full time together, holiday every year for past twelve years three time's a year, died last September , her son or daughter are executive, whome I don't wish any contact at all.
Will they not just show it to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't want any contact with them at all .

Even beneficiaries of a will have no right to see the will although it can be obtained from the probate registry for a fee of £10 once it’s been admitted to probate.

Here is the link to enable you to search online.

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

if it has not been admitted to probate because the value of the estate is under £20,000 and it being dealt with under the smaller state rules, there is no way you can get a copy of the will without a court order.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you it is over the threshold amount and not in probate yet, do'es the executive have a time lymit to enter the will?

They have to act in the best interest of the beneficiaries which means not duly delay but having said that it’s not uncommon for a probate application to take at least 6 months to go through and it can take 12 months or even longer for the estate to be distributed

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so one should check with the probate say after six months then monthly afterwards, cheers.