29905560

I am a teacher of 27 years in Scotland. In or about 1987 I

Customer Question

I am a teacher of 27 years in Scotland. In or about 1987 I committed a breach of the peace before I became a teacher, I then applied to college to become a teacher, I cannot honestly remember but I think I may not have disclosed it on my application form. In 1994 I broke a handset on a publi telephone box, a member of the public pulled me up and I swore at them, a passing policeman arrested and I was convicted of criminal damage and breach of the peace. Me regulatory body the HTC were informed of this and took no further action. I am about to be checked under the new PVG scheme, could I be disciplined for either of these offences? If I have lied on my application form to Strathclyde regional council, at that time, could this cause me trouble now given how long ago the offences happened?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long ago were you actually employed by this employer? Please note I am travelling back home now so may not be able to respond fully until later this evening, thanks in advance