31090051

How can I surrender a potential weapon (antique) to the police

How can I surrender a potential weapon (antique) to the police without prosecution?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What weapon is it?
How did you come by it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ceremonial cavalry sword (my father's, from when he served in the army during WW2), and a kukri (gift from my brother 45 years ago, brought back from the Far East).

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
It isn't illegal to own these in provate but you could be in trouble if you take it out, even if you're intending to take it to the police station especially if there's no amnesty scheme at the time.
Contact the police, tell them you want to hand these in and take their advice and instruction as to what they want you to do.
Two alternatives:
1. Wrap them up and hide them in cardboard and other rubbish and take them to the dump. Put them in the crusher.
2. If there may be some value in them, ask an auction house to collect them from you and sell them for you.
I hope this helps. I'm happy to discuss further.