UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hi I been leaving in UK for 17 years now . I'm loud to apply

Hi I been leaving in UK for 17 years now . I'm loud to apply for the overstay ??
Thanks .
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Do you have family in the UK, any children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi no children. But I got 2 brothers they are British and they live here more then 20 years .
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
This is not sufficient, however, you may be able to apply for discretionary leave to remain after you have completed 20 years in the UK.
If you wish to submit an application for discretionary leave to remain in the UK on the basis of your private life, which you have upheld for the previous 17 years then yes this can be possible. However, for an application based on private life you will need to submit evidence of ties to the UK which cannot continue if you were to leave the UK and return to your home country.
You would need to provide letters from family and friends in the UK stating why it would not be reasonable for you to return to your home country and you would need to state any compelling and compassionate circumstances confirming why you are unable to leave the UK and return to your home country.
The home office will then consider the evidence and decided whether to grant you discretionary leave to remain in the UK.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.