UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hi I am married to my wife from Belarus and she has a bio-metric

Customer Question

Hi I am married to my wife from Belarus and she has a bio-metric card with her passport having passed the life in the UK test and has indefinite leave to remain. We want to travel to Belarus to see her family by flying to Warsaw (Poland) and then by car to where her son lives in Belarus. Can she travel with me without a visa ( I am British and have British Passport). I have been told that she can if we take marriage certificate with us to prove marriage and her Belarus Passport and bio-metric card??????
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
This is incorrect, as she is a Belarus national she is required to obtain a visa to enter Poland, furthermore the indefinite leave to remain is only issued for residency in the UK not for allowing her visa free entry to another country.
Therefore unfortunately, she would need to obtain a visa for Poland before traveling.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything further I can assist with? If not please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.