12826847

I bought a car from a garage for my daughter on December 16th

Customer Question

I bought a car from a garage for my daughter on December 16th a second hand astra paying £1600.00.The seller said it had 12 month mot and there were no adviseries on it.My daughter has since had a private plate on it and when the mot certificate came back from the dvla there was a list a mile long of problems.The car was sold with a months warrenty and it has been in the garage for numerous problems which are still ongoing.we have had to put new tyres on as well as they were barely legal.we have kept all receipts but my daughter thinks she is driving a death trap.Are we within our rights to take it back and ask for our money back.
I presume it is MOTed? So the advisories did not cause it to fail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes its MOTed so it didnt fail. Ive asked for a list of the repairs from the garage doing the repairs as i believe maybe it shouldnt have passed

Well, possibly but it did.
Have they set down in writing that there were no advisories?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we were presented with an mot certificate with no adviseries on which we still have

What is the date of the MOT?