12826847

Today I was contacted by the representative of a company partnered

Customer Question

Today I was contacted by the representative of a company partnered with O2 who persuaded me to switch my mobile account from Vodafone to O2. He claimed that my conversation with him was recorded and forms a 'legally binding paperless contract'. I have not signed anything in connection with this, electronic or otherwise.
I now know that some of the information he gave me was incorrect or misleading and do not want to go ahead with the transfer. I have told the company this via their website. Can they still hold me to the 'paperless contract'?
In what way was it incorrect or misleading?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He told me that his company was partnered with Vodafone as well as O2 and that my Vodafone contract was coming to an end. Vodafone have confirmed that both these statements were untrue. He also neglected to tell me that Vodafone would charge me £81 if I ended my contract with them, which he should have known if his company really had a relationship with Vodafone.

If he sorted this over the phone, you have seven days to cancel from when you receive the paperwork and that right arises under the Distance Selling Regulations.

Call the company back and follow it up in writing telling them that this is a Distance Sale and you are exercising your right to cancel. Make a note of the date and time and who you spoke to and send the letter by recorded delivery.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. Thanks for the advice.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.