75100385

Hi I recently purchased 20 cafe chairs for my business and

Hi I recently purchased 20 cafe chairs for my business and they are really poor quality. the company had advised me that they were suitable for public use in a sit down cafe but the legs on them once assembled are really bad and do not connect properly on most of them.
I had an accident in my shop where a customer sat on one and it collapsed, fortunately he was ok about it. I have removed them now and emailed the company asking for a refund as they are not suitable at all, but they said i have made them up wrong and thats the problem. I have explained that a fully qualified joiner assembled them and they are made as instructed, but they are dismissing my points and refusing a refund. Is there anything else i can do to get some resolve as i feel i have been missold these chairs and they cost me over £700 ?
Roy Duncan
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Under the Sale of Goods Act goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of suitable quality.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?