12826847

, I have a fairly complex issue regarding the letting of

Customer Question

Hi, I have a farm (Ridge Farm) which originally had an annex but has never been subdivided and a barn which we've had planning for ancillary accommodation for Ridge Farm.

We have moved out of the farm as retirees and moved into another barn in the farmyard which has planning as a separate dwelling.

Our intention was to let Ridge Farm and its two annexes to give us an income in retirement but it now seems that we will not be able to sub divide the farm as planning would be unlikely to allow it.

So, the question is: Could I let the annexes to my two daughters and they then sub-let the properties ( they are both home owners in their own right) or, is there a way that planning would allow us to let the properties as separate units without creating separate dwellings?

We have no intention of splitting the farm for sale at anytime and would be happy to limited to a Shorthold tenancy agreement.

The Farm splits into-

Ridge Farm 4 bedrooms -

annex 1 existing 2 Bedrooms and nursery large living room 3 bathroom and kitchen

annex 2 (with planning as ancillary accommodation)  very large living room, snug, 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms kitchen diner, laundry area, roof terrace.

Valuation office have assessed the property as Band E, Band C and band E.

All have private outside space and parking. We are not in the Peak Park and are close to a railway station. Approached via a single track road.

Happy to send plans to clarify.

I have tried speaking to my local borough council and I am getting conflicting advice. I am awaiting a call from planning.

Stuart XXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What are the chances of finding someone and the timescale?
I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time but most questions are answered in a timely manner. I have not had any feedback from Experts on this question.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll hang on for a few more days. Presume my fee is refunded if I dont receive an answer ?
Yes, we can refund on request.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please refund. Looks like no-one can answer this. Thanks for trying.