75100385

we are being let down by Scottish power. briefly our bank rejected

we are being let down by Scottish power. briefly our bank rejected our direct debit to Scottish power on two occasions in april 2014 not directly our fault,as I retired from my business on the 28th of feb 2014 resulting in me being paid out by the business every week for the next ten years, unfortunately the moneys from my company were paid into my y/bank a/c instead of my n/west a/c where my direct debits are,since then till now we have trying to sort the direct debit out without success.many many telephone calls have been made by us to s/power on 08 numbers (costly) we have not had a statement from them for nearly 1 year they have not read our meter since 2013 they should have read our meter this morning but never turned up, all we want is to sort out our direct debit we are pensioners last year was made more difficult because we spent 6 months of last year in spain we paid £200 by credit card around the 12th november but never sent us a receipt mr & mrs j k bottomley
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know how you know they were meant to turn up to read the meter>

Alex Watts :

Have you tried writing to them?

Customer:

meter reading Scottish power gave us a ref no.9076445396 over the phone due today between 8am and 12 lunch on telephoning them they could not answer why they did not turn up.we have not tried writing to them yet. keith

Alex Watts :

Ok. what is it you want to achieve?

Customer:

Hello Alex we want our direct debit reinstating. an apology for the amount of time it is taking and we seem to be getting nowhere. Riembursing for all the telephone calls we have made

Full Size Image
Keith

Alex Watts :

Ok - this is what you should do

Alex Watts :

You need to write and make a formal complaint to head office. That address is:

Alex Watts :

ScottishPower
Cathcart Business Park
Spean Street
Glasgow
G44 4BE

Alex Watts :

They will investigate the matter and come back to you.

Alex Watts :

If that does not fix the problem then you can complain to the Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

They offer a free, independent service at: http://www.ombudsman-services.org/energy.html

Alex Watts :

That should resolve the matter.

Alex Watts :

As for the sums you want to claim back you need to work out what these are, that is your loss

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Alex thanks for your advice Keith