75100385

Ltd company owes money to a creditor, high curt sheriff has

Ltd company owes money to a creditor, high curt sheriff has attended the old business premise which is now empty but has not been to the registered address, has now turned up at private residence and has threatened to force entry to seize good as the high court sheriff claims that the business must be trading from the home address. There is no business address as the company is not currently trading.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether on Companies House the company is dormant?

Customer: No, at present it is trading but I am in process of closing it. I had a big company not pay us which put us in financial difficulty. I still have a room at old trading address which is now let to another company, so no sign writing from our company above the door as I only have a desk and that's it. All correspondence is sent to my trading address. But they have not even visited the registered address
Customer: I am not trading from my home address, but he said over the phone for me to prove that!! So I said ok how do you want me to prove that, then he was rude and called me stupid. He also threatened to seize my wife's personal car. And asked my neighbours if I lived next door and do I bring vans home! So it has now embarrassed me with my neighbours .
Customer: I am struggling to stay a float with the business but I have never said I won't pay, I just can't at the moment , but hey are not interested" the original bill was for approx £11k and now they trying to seize £15k of goods,
Customer: Duncan contracts owns nothing apart from a desk and old computer , I use my personal car for any work as I can't afford a van
Customer: Even after I explained I don't trade from home and him calling me stupid, he said " I'll see you at home" in a threatening way before hanging up
Alex Watts : Ok. Well the good thing is he cant seize anything that does not belong to the Ltd company.
Alex Watts : So personal property of you or your wife they can't claim.
Alex Watts : In addition they can't break in your house.
Alex Watts : They can only break into commercial premises.
Alex Watts : Therefore they can't break into your house. They can only get it in the door is open or window.
Alex Watts : in short the bailiff can't seize personal property nor break in.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: Great thanks . No that's it thanks
Alex Watts : Great, if I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply