12826847

I have 3 points on my licence and I was caught twice in one day, 34MPH in a 30MPH zone (I

I have 3 points on my licence and I was caught twice in one day, 34MPH in a 30MPH zone (I did not see the police officer) and then 41MPH in a 30MPH zone which is when I saw the police officer. I assume I can expect at least 3 points and a fine for the first offence and 4 points and a fine for the second offence.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this
Is there any reason you think the second would be 4 points?
I am just travelling to court so offline for about an hour but I will pick up this morning if that's okay
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I received 3 points in April 2013 sp30 and I just thought the punishment would be 4 points.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo that Will be ok I have to go to work soon. I will leave the internet page active and monitor you E Mails from my phone.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for the delay.
If you have three points from April 2013 then you are not suitable for the speed awareness course really although they can offer it when it suits them. If they do then take it. If not you will get 3 points for the first matter.
If the second matter is 41mph in a 30 mph zone then you are just within the higher sentencing bracket but only by 1mph. Quite frankly, for 1mph, I am not sure they would want the expense and case preparation of summonsing you. I would expect a second fixed penalty. That might not happen of course but it is likely. That would just be 3 points.
If you go to court the guidelines do say 4 points as a minimum but courts can depart from that too when it suits them. There will be a higher fine at court though and costs of £85.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jo, I will complete the paperwork and wait and see if I am summoned.

Good luck and all the best

You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/