75100385

I have recently made a Statement to the Police and have asked

Customer Question

I have recently made a Statement to the Police and have asked copy of it several times without success. Am I entitled to copy of it. If so what is the legal authority . If not van you please give the legal authority providing it.
Regards.
Brigid.
Alex Watts :

Brigid my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Can I ask you what you need it ?

JACUSTOMER-p8a350qw- :

I have not been able top access your response at all and don't know what you said. I answered your query as to why it was needed and advised that I needed it and future statements.

Alex Watts :

You are only entitled to a copy of the statement in the Police proceedings, nothing else

Alex Watts :

The document remains confidential between the parties and can only be disclosed (used) in the current proceedings, nothing else

Alex Watts :

If you need a copy to see what you have said, then you can go to the Police station to see it

Alex Watts :

But you dont have a right to a copy.

Alex Watts :

If it went to Court and you were called as a witness you would then see it again at Court, but sadly you are not entitled to a copy as of right

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest\

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?