75100385

I had a Ltd Company tea room which was being sold last year,

I had a Ltd Company tea room which was being sold last year, only for £20k, the buyers pulled out last minuet, I had been dealing with a solicitor who was arranging the sale, worst came to the worst and we had no alternative but the cease trading, everyone was notified that we would apply to get struck off the company house register,
But I have just received a letter from the solicitors to ask if we are prepared to indemnify the company against his £1400 legal fees?
I thought once we had ceased trading in a ltd company and there are no assets that would be it? can someone advise me please.
Amanda
Alex Watts :

Hello Amanda my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

If the Ltd company instructor Solicitor and it has no assets then yes, they can not claim the bill

Alex Watts :

Once you have ceased trading that is it.

Alex Watts :

No debts, no liability unless you have a personal guarantee

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Hello Alex

Customer:

Sorry pressed the return, this is what I had thought , there was no personal guarantee, should I just ignore the letter or write back to him?

Alex Watts :

Ignore it.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Thankyou alex yes that's great. appreciate it.