75100385

i have a problem with a tenant living at my address i am a

i have a problem with a tenant living at my address i am a live in landlady who rents the master bedroom within my privately owned house the tenant has not paid rent since 18/11/14 he went away weeks leaving on 24/12/14 and returned on 5/1/15 i asked him money he refused so i asked him to vacate the room by today he has refused and says if i touch any of his personal belongings he is going to hurt me and i can f**k off i have to give him three mths notice i have now given him notice twice once verbally once written can you please advise me i am scared now

.

Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Have you reported the conduct to the police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but was told to get advice from a solicitor due to the matter being more of a civil nature

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i have not received any answers yet
my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you reported it to the police?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i have reported it to the police and they are sending an officer around to talk to me

Thanks. You don't.need a court order to evict. He is a lodger, nothing more.
You are entitled to change the locus and evict, he can not threaten you this is illegal.
You should ask to press charges even the officer comes around. You should also get a lock smith to change all your locks once you evict. Hopefully the police will charge him and give bail conditions not to go to your house,
Can I clarify anything fr you about this today please?
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/