How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ash Your Own Question

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

. I have just received a county court claim form as a

Resolved Question:

hello. I have just received a county court claim form as a defendant to the claim for a motor accident that occurred July 2013. At the time I was fully comprehensive and the insurance company was looking at a 50/50 result - claimants word against mine for damage done to the rear of claimants car in a supermarket car park- no damage done to my car. Insurance company I thought had resolved. Claimant now looking at £711 for costs. I am not with the same insurance company. What type of solicitor do I have to find to defend my case and what kind of cost roughly will be incurred.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know if you have informed your old insurance company?

Hello Alex, no I have not.

Alex Watts : Ok I wiuld.
Alex Watts : would.
Alex Watts : that is what insurance is for. They will take over the claim for you.
Alex Watts : You need not trouble yourself.
Alex Watts : Either your existing or old policy will take over conduct.
Alex Watts : So give it to the insurers to deal with.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

As I am presently not with the old insurance company when I had this accident why would my new insurance company want to represent me and surely the old insurance company would not be bothered. I have 14 days to respond to the county court claim - I do not think the insurers benefit by helping me in this time frame?


Just to add, I had no written confirmation from my old insurers just telephone calls on my claim and perhaps the claimant was not satisfied with the insurers verdict of 50 /50 which is why a county court claim has been raised?

Alex Watts : Yes I understand that.
Alex Watts : file an acknowledgement of service that gives you a total of 28 days.
Alex Watts : Then tomorrow call the new insurance and your old one to establish who would Deal with the claim.
Alex Watts : Then you know who to send it to.
Alex Watts : If it was 50/50 they can't come after you for the balance. Any settlement is in full and final settlement.
Alex Watts : So once it's settled that is it.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

Thank you Alex for your instructions -will follow accordingly/.

Alex Watts : Haopy to help. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions