. I have just received a county court claim form as a

hello. I have just received a county court claim form as a defendant to the claim for a motor accident that occurred July 2013. At the time I was fully comprehensive and the insurance company was looking at a 50/50 result - claimants word against mine for damage done to the rear of claimants car in a supermarket car park- no damage done to my car. Insurance company I thought had resolved. Claimant now looking at £711 for costs. I am not with the same insurance company. What type of solicitor do I have to find to defend my case and what kind of cost roughly will be incurred.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know if you have informed your old insurance company?

Hello Alex, no I have not.

Alex Watts : Ok I wiuld.
Alex Watts : would.
Alex Watts : that is what insurance is for. They will take over the claim for you.
Alex Watts : You need not trouble yourself.
Alex Watts : Either your existing or old policy will take over conduct.
Alex Watts : So give it to the insurers to deal with.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

As I am presently not with the old insurance company when I had this accident why would my new insurance company want to represent me and surely the old insurance company would not be bothered. I have 14 days to respond to the county court claim - I do not think the insurers benefit by helping me in this time frame?

Just to add, I had no written confirmation from my old insurers just telephone calls on my claim and perhaps the claimant was not satisfied with the insurers verdict of 50 /50 which is why a county court claim has been raised?

Alex Watts : Yes I understand that.
Alex Watts : file an acknowledgement of service that gives you a total of 28 days.
Alex Watts : Then tomorrow call the new insurance and your old one to establish who would Deal with the claim.
Alex Watts : Then you know who to send it to.
Alex Watts : If it was 50/50 they can't come after you for the balance. Any settlement is in full and final settlement.
Alex Watts : So once it's settled that is it.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

Thank you Alex for your instructions -will follow accordingly/.

Alex Watts : Haopy to help. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience