How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ash Your Own Question

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10914
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am the freeholder of two properties one which I live in and

Resolved Question:

I am the freeholder of two properties one which I live in and the other which is rented out by the leaseholder who owns it. I have requested through the estate agent managing the property that the area at the back of the property is cleared up as there is a lot of junk on it including a washing line with the same clothes fallen off it for the last 4 months.
This area has also not been swept and there is a large amount of debris in the corner.
The estate agents have ignored this, what else can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Is it a condition of the lease to make sure these areas are tidy please?

yes it is

Alex Watts : Ok, have you spoken with your tenant or written to him/her?

It is not my tenant it is the tenant of the leaseholder, I am the freeholder and live in the flat above.


The tenant is rude and obnoxious so I email the managing agent who is looking after the property

Alex Watts : Yes but have you spoken with the leaseholder.

The managing agent refuse to give me details of the leaseholder.

Alex Watts : But as the freeholder didn't you issue the lease? Don't you have the details

No it has been sold since I became freeholder and I was not given details of new owner

Alex Watts : I see. You need to write to the agents formally and ask for the details,or say you will apply to the court for specific disclosure. Give them 7-14 days to respond.
Alex Watts : If they still refuse then you need to issue an application for disclosure.
Alex Watts : You do this by completing form n244
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : There is a court fee of £155 to pay.
Alex Watts : The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to order the agents to disclose the details.
Alex Watts : The court is highly likely to.
Alex Watts : You can then also ask for your costs.
Alex Watts : The court is likely to order the agent to disclose the identify within 7 days.
Alex Watts : Then you can contact the leaseholder and ask him to remove rubbish and if he doesn't sue for breach of contract or apply to forfeit the lease.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Can I request that the leaseholder evict his tenants due to ongoing noise nuisance for four months?


Sorry also is there an ombudsmen I can complain to about the managing agents who ignore my requests to deal with the noise issue?

Alex Watts : You can only get the freeholder to do this if your lease agreement specifies it
Alex Watts : Ombudsman is here

I have told you that I am the freeholder of both properties which is why I asked the question.

Alex Watts :

Yes I understand that, can you not see my response about about what to do?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10914
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice