We have been with I supply energy company electricity

We have been with I supply energy company electricity for 2 years all went OK for the First year payment by DD however for the contract running from 15th December 2013 to 14th December 2014 they have failed to take any monthly payments from our account except one payment on the 16/12/13 of £59.00 unknown to us, when I looked on the manage account page of there web site our account showed a credit each month so assumed that payments where being made and we were in credit , we started a new contract on the 15th December2014 to 13 the December 2015 which a payment has been taken for this contract on the 15/12/14. Which shows the DD to be active we have made no instructions to the bank in any way to cancel anything so the error is with I supply As the old contract has ended and they have only taken one monthly payment and no more can they demand retrospective payments in respect of the remaining 11 months of 2014, Mrs Willgress
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know what is it you want to achieve?

Can isupply Energy demand payment for the 11 months they did not action the Direct Debit apart from the first one noe the contract has finished and we only new of this issue 2 days ago

Alex Watts : Did you use the energy ?
Alex Watts : do you actually owe a balance on the account?

Yes of course we were on a fixed price contract

Alex Watts : Ok, so the issue is they haven't really taken payment when they ought to have done?

Correct and that contract has now ended

Alex Watts : Ok. Well technically you do owe it and in law they have 6 years to pursue any debt. Sadly you still have to pay it, but they should honour the monthly payments.
Alex Watts : But you can't get it written off because they do have 6 years.
Alex Watts : But they can't insist on full payment, they should allow it over the period agreed.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and it is not the answer I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Thank you that's all we needed to know

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience