13262538

where do i stand i have been living with my fiancee in her

where do i stand i have been living with my fiancee in her home now for 5yrs and its come to an end how do i stand were the property is concerned as i have put in 15 thousand of my savings into it plus she asked me to move into the property with her i paid the bills when she came out of work for nearly 12 months please advise me of where i stand on this matter thanking you mr madden
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What was the money used for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi clare the house is worth about 160.000 i used the money for central heating a new bathroomnew tv kitchen table new double bed units for bedroom im not to sure how much is outstanding on mortgage i know she has been here for 20yrs

How much was the monthly mortgage payment - and did you pay it while she was off work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the monthly payments are 138 a month and yes i paid all the bills during the time she was out of work and i also transfer money every wk into her account between 200=300 pw depending on the hrs i work

Best guess on how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

from hwat i can remember i think about 68 thousand is outstanding i know she wont sell the house

Have you already left the property and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi clare no im still in the property till i find a place to live and no children are involved .

Has she offered you any money?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no nothing but said i could take what i wanted its only the tv and single bed and a wardrobe .

Given that you have paid for structural alterations and improvements that have increased the value of the property; and have paid the mortgage for some of the time means that you have a financial claim on equity in the property - although this does not necessarily give you the right to live there.
You should offer to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
to agree how much your shar eis worth - and how she will pay it.
If need be you can apply to the court for an order for the sale of the property in order to recover your investment.
Please ask if you need further details