75100385

I received a fixed penalty notice. I paid the fine and sent

Customer Question

I received a fixed penalty notice. I paid the fine and sent my counter part licence but forgot to send my photo license. I received a letter and consequently I sent both but I have received another letter saying I have missed the specified time period and this issue can no longer be dealt with a FPN and I will be referred to court. I am very worried, please help!
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : i would not be too concerned. The matter is likely to go to court. But you can plead guilty by post.
Alex Watts : Include a note saying why you couldn't accept the fixed penalty and that you forgot to send your phot part
Alex Watts : The court is likely to then give you the equivalent (or very near to it), the fixed penalty sentence
Alex Watts : Therefore if you explain when you plead guilty by post the outcome will be the same.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-kukwwqh3- : I am a qualified accountant and am worried about that. Do I have to notify the accountancy body?
Alex Watts : It's a non recordable offence so unlikely, but I would check
JACUSTOMER-kukwwqh3- : Do you think I could get struck off?
Alex Watts : No.
Alex Watts : Its a fixed penalty. Many lawyers ( including me ) have an endorsement on their licence
Alex Watts : so it's very unlikely.
Alex Watts : Its not recordable so technically won't even show on a police computer check
JACUSTOMER-kukwwqh3- : Thanks
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you?
JACUSTOMER-kukwwqh3- : Hi Alex, would this be a criminal offence?
Alex Watts : Technically yes but it's not recordable. Motoring offences tend not need to be disclosed
JACUSTOMER-kukwwqh3- : Thanks, ***** ***** so worried
Alex Watts : You don't need to be worried. It's non recordable so the same as a fixed penalty
JACUSTOMER-kukwwqh3- : R u sure
JACUSTOMER-kukwwqh3- : R u sure?
Alex Watts : Yes
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
JACUSTOMER-kukwwqh3- : Yes thanks
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you about this?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/