12826847

,just after some info as unsure where I stand, bit longwinded

,
just after some info as unsure where I stand, bit longwinded will try to keep short, live in a 4 block flat, lived her years there is a garden, which, is "shared" previous owner use to pay half (conifers) surrounding the back and grass to be cut ,small patch front and back. other work we did between us. Then she moved
new owner continues to pay, but no help otherwise not an issue, until NOW, she has moved out and is now letting, her tenant came down last year informing me I have to share, I just asked what she meant by share, she does use the line which is mine, but told her could, but would like to use it myself sometimes.
few weeks ago owner came over about state of side wall of property, and getting it seen to does need attention, and sharing the cost, which I agreed I would, got onto the garden, and sharing, just started she could sit in the garden if she wanted to as her owned it. I mentioned the other work I do myself, up until now never asked her just keeping it tidy etc. so she said get rid, got a price to have quite a lot of work to be carried out, she did agree, but now revoking on this, on about I quote "pouring shed loads of weed killer down" I have 2 small dogs which is well aware off and why should I live with the mess, can you advise me making me feel ill at moment
kind regards
Gillian
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
,
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
,
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish to continue to search to assist you or would you like to close your question at this time?
Thank you patience,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nicola,

I will wait please as really need some advise on this

thanks

,
We will continue to look Professional to assist you.
Thank you patience,
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I have been asked to look at this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jo,

would like to know where I stand legally, as she never been interested before, and seems to want to share when it suits her, where would I stand if she does cover all with weed killer, , and going back on her word, on what we had already agreed on as she cant afford it.

Unfortunately, because this is the shared area, she can “pick it up and put it down” as he wishes. If the grass belongs to you because you laid it, and she weed kills the lot, that is criminal damage. If it is your grass then she is threatening criminal damage by threatening to weed kill the lot. That is a police matter although don’t expect the police to be interested because they will say it’s a civil dispute.

You cannot make a claim possession because you occupy the land with consent and share it with others.

If she injures one of the animals by recklessy weedkilling she is guilty of animal cruelty and negligence.

You can only make her pay towards necessary maintenance and not simply tidying up the area. Based upon what you have said it’s probably going to be more trouble than it’s worth to try to pursue that.

The reason that it’s not worth pursuing is that she is entitled to have the hedges and the grass untidy just as much as you are entitled to have them looking smart.

I appreciate this answer is probably unfavourable .

Can I clarify anything ?

Experience: Over 5 years in practice