13262538

HelloI am Judith, I have asked question here

Customer Question

I am Judith, I have asked for a question here before. I have been through struggles over children contact with my ex husband for a while now. We are divorce and I have custody with the children. He threaten suicide after our separation, he sent me abuses textes and emails, he verbally abuses me on the children school. I got a non molestation order against him and children contact were agreed at a contact centre. After the orders were made he began stalking me, turning up volunteering at my kids activities clubs, befriending my neighbour asking information about me, testing my brother to pass me messages, waiting for me outside the contact centre and being aggressive towards me. I filed the C2 variation saying that I cannot continued with the contact due to my ex behaviour, I have a hearing for it next week. My children came back from the centre telling me that my ex has been asking a lot of question about me and telling them a lot of lies. They say they couldn't say that they are lying since he might make the traps question harder. My question is: I do not want to continue with this contact arrangements, how do I argue it at my C2 variation hearing?
He also told them that if there isn't a father in the children's house, then they aren't a family. They are now thinking less of themselves and asking all sort of question. I do not wish to continue with the contact.
Thanks, Judith
How old are the children and how often do they see their father?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The children are 8, 6 and 4 and they haven't seen thier father for the last 7 months. The first contact took place yesterday for 2 hours.
Judith
So yesterday was the very first visit at the Contact Centre?
What went wrong?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, he told the children that we weren't a family since there was no father in it.
He asked them if I shout and smack them, and although they might not remember I used to do it.
They kids say they knew he was lying but was scared to say so because he might make his traps of question harder.
He gave them many chocolate to enlighten thier mood, on previous occasion he had asked the children to lie on the promises of sweets. The children were cautious this time round. He isn't use the centre for contact but to brainwash my kids.
Judith
What about the threats outside?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The threats happen on the 20/12/2014 when I was attending a pre appointment at the contact centre. He was aggressive and forceful toward me. He went to call the police saying that I was the one who has been disruptive. He wasn't meant to be athe contact centre. After investigation and spoken to the lady at the contact centre, the police call me on 9/01/2015 saying that my ex has been the one in the wrong and asked if I wanted them to arrest him. I said no, and that I have filed for the c2 in court, saying that I can't continue with the contact due to his behaviour. I only attended the 10/01/2015 contact so It doesn't appear as though I was breaching the court order.
Did you have any problems with him yesterday?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I have not met him face to face yesterday. But I have given ten minutes to leave the area before he comes out.
Then I am sorry but there is no question that the Contact will be stopped and it would be unwise to continue your application as it will allow your ex to say that you are being vindictive.
I am sorry I know that this is not what you wish to hear - but it is a realistic reflection of your position
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So he is allowed to behave in this manner with no action taken?
You have the non molestation order and if he harrasses you outside the contact centre then you can call the police.
I am afraid the way he behaved in the centre is not unusual - and is not sufficient to stop contact at this stage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The court ordered a report under section 7 with a hearing date next week. I would rather they ordered me to continue contact then, than agreeing to it at this stage. Would that be unreasonable of me?
Judith
In terms of making sure that he shows the court and CAFCASS how bad he really is it would be better to leave the contact in place UNLESS CAFCASS have concerns
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, The C2 hearing is on Wednesday, can I still cancel it? Or is it too late to do that now?
Judith
Since it is listed I suggest you use it to highlight the problems - and then allow yourself to be persuaded to allow the contact to continue provided he promises not to tell lies to the children!
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well