13262538

I lost contact with my father many year ago after he ask me

Customer Question

I lost contact with my father many year ago after he ask me not to visit as it was to painful for him after the split up of my parents. I have recently found out that he died on 19th April 2010 and a notice was put in the London gazette about making a claim on his estate. As I was not informed of his death until recently and don't live in London I was unaware of this and as being his only child feel let down by the solicitors handling his estate. Can you advise me if I can still make a claim? It has got a claims expire date of 2nd July 2010 but I was just wondering if there was anything that could be done.
Did he leave a Will?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know.

What does the notice say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is it just the legal information you want or the notice details and deceased estates?

Actually the easiest option would be for you to discover if there was a Will using the online process here
https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate
If there was a Will then you have no real chance of making a claim on the estate unless you can show that your father was subject to undue influence.
If there was no Will then you may have a claim depending on the value of the estate
If he had a Widow then she would have been entitled to the first £250,000 - but you would have a claim on half of the balance
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok i have applied for the will waiting for response from them

That is fine - I hope all goes well