13262538

My wife and I live in Aust. My wife's father passed away (in

My wife and I live in Aust. My wife's father passed away (in the UK) more than 12 months ago and apparently she was left items in his Will. Long story short -
• 3 people are in the Will, my wife, her older sister (executor) and the deceased's partner.
• No copy of the Will has been sent to my wife so we are unable to ascertain what's actually in it. We have tried to contact the solicitors acting for the deceased but they have ignored our phone calls and emails.
• The older sister advised that the house he owned was going to be sold and as per the Will, half the proceeds would go to the deceased's partner and the other half would be split between the two sisters. This hasn't happened. The older sister has advised that the fathers partner has sold the house and kept all the proceeds and moved to Scotland.
• My wife has now been advised by her sister last night that legal docs will be sent to her regarding property in Bulgaria (as if that's worth anything) that the Fathers ex partner and the sister want to settle on!
So my question/s are - If you are left anything in a Will, shouldn't it be a legal obligation to send those in the Will a copy? If an asset such as a house be left to you in a will, shouldn't legal docs be sent to have that asset put into your name? If a portion of the house was left to my wife, how would the solicitor acting on the sale of the property OK the sale without consent of the owner/s. or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
It is not necessary to send a copy of the Will to anyone except the Residuary beneficiaries so the starting point is for you to access a copy of the Will using the service here
https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate
This will enable you to know exactly what was left to your wife.
Clearly there is something not right about what you have been told.
It is possible that her father' share of the house passed automatically to his partner on his death because they held the property as Beneficial Joint Tenants.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details