Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

, I have been scammed by a binary options trading

I have been scammed by a binary options trading company. Do i stand a chance in getting back my money?
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Hi I I am sorry to hear about your problems. Is this company regulated in the UK? Is it for example regulated by the FCA?
how did you pay money to them? Was it by credit card or bank transfer?
If ,as you suggest, these people are fraudsters then the only way you are likely to get your money back is either to get recovery through the financial services compensation scheme which applies to regulated businesses or to claim against a credit card company.
If you are dealing with an unregulated company and made bank transfers then the chances of getting your money back are pretty small.
I assume you have heard nothing from Action fraud? If the company is UK based you could try contacting the trading a standards officers of the local authority where they are based.
If you have further information I may be able to give you some more suggestions about what to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Since i am not going to get my money back, how can i prevent other people from falling to the practices of this company? i really want to do something to prevent them from continuing to appear online and catch other innocent clients!

Hi sorry for the delay in responding. IF you have already contacted action fraud the only other thing I can suggest is to contact trading standards in the area they operate and also perhaps try contacting the Financial Conduct Authority who regulate such businesses