29905560

can one refuse in law to accept an inheritance

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What type of inheritance is this?

Customer:

the sale of my mothers house shared between for member's of the family all the children Could do with the money but it would mess up my other financial arrangements don't need the hustle Thax

Ben Jones :

you can ignore the timer

Ben Jones :

do not click on anything please as it will just close the question

Ben Jones :

yes it is possible to refuse an inheritance, basically any gift under a will, or something you are due under law if the person dies intestate. This is called disclaiming a gift and needs t be formally communicated to the executors of the estate. You can do that in writing, for example send them a written notification that you are disclaiming the benefit of the specific gift and that you do not wish to derive any benefit from it. Some more detailed information is available here:

http://www.mylawyer.co.uk/varying-a-will-or-the-distribution-of-an-estate-after-death-a-A76991D77122/

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

thanx very impressed thanx 100% satisfied and excellent value for money

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best