Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We're buying a new build property. Our solicitor's water search

We're buying a new build property. Our solicitor's water search was run off of the freehold title (basically what looks like a big field) rather than the estate plan. Is this right?? Surely it won't help in knowing if there is a sewer right underneath our new home?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
It would be normal for your Solicitor to have submitted an up to date Estate Plan to their search providers, including for the water/drainage search.
Likewise, if would be normal for the search provider to show the route of any public sewers by reference to an up to date Plan, so I am not sure exactly what has happened in your case.
In any event, the Developer's Solicitors should have a plan showing the route of any sewers serving your Plot, and your Solicitor should request this on your behalf. Alternatively, the site office should be holding a suitable sewer plan, which is open for inspection by you.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
AL