13262538

My husband and i own our house jointly and have made a will

My husband and i own our house jointly and have made a will leaving it to our 3 children Would it be better if we were to own half each .We are trying to ensure that our children would not lose all their inheritance if one of us ended up in a home .My husband is 90 and Iam 82
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes it would indeed be better to "sever the joint tenancy" on the property and then for each of you to make Wills leaving your half of the property to your children whilst giving your spouse the right to remain in the property so long as you wish to do so.
Please ask if you need further details