Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

we currently run a garage/workshop repairing and servicing

we currently run a garage/workshop repairing and servicing commercial fleet vehicles.
one the staff have completed an inspection, they telephone or fax the customer with the outcome. They then choose they work they would like completing.
how do we stand legally with leaving jobs that we have advised need doing?
is it worth putting a disclaimer in place?
Kind Regards
Bekki Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Alex J. :

A disclaimer would be the best way to go, you need to state that you are not liable to the customers for any damage, losses, expenses caused by the failure of the customer to repair or instruct you to repair issues that you have advised of.

Alex J. :

I would also say that the customer should acknowledge that by you advising on repairs that are required, does not in any way place any responsibility on you to ensure the vehicles are road worthy or suitable for their intended use.