12826847

My partner is on bail - pending further investigation

My partner is on bail - pending further investigation for downloading indecent images (volume the content I do not know. He has had bail date moved and is now due back to answer bail in 10 days. My question when is is charged will be be bailed again or held?
If he has been on bail without any problems and surrenders on his bail then it is quite unlikely they would remand him. It is possible but it isn't really likely. It very rarely happens. A person has a right to bail and if it is to be withheld then it has to be justified. Since he can return home without interfering with witnesses or obstructing the course of justice the only objections can be that he would commit further offences or fail to surrender. Failing to surrender is difficult to maintain when a person has surrendered.
Commission of further offences is always a very difficult objection to knock down because there are no conditions that address it really. He can always offer a condition not to access the internet but if he has been on bail with no need of this condition so far then there isn't really a ground to withhold it now.