13262538

My daughter Vicky and myself are in business together in Laindon,

My daughter Vicky and myself are in business together in Laindon, it is a thriving freight business and she has always employed her husband as Warehouse Manager. However, because of the hard work she has put into the business her marriage has broken down and she has moved out of the family home into a rented flat. Dan and Vicky have three children all at school and they presently share custody and care. Our question is what are the couple's entitlements as far as the business is concerned if Vicky continues to employ Dan in her business. (I would mention that I put up the money to start the business and a very small amount has been paid back to date and we both have 100 shares each.)
Can you advise us on the best way forward without complicating things further. We are willing to come to your office for advice. Mrs Carole Raven.
Type your legal question here
For clarity - you and your daughter are equal partners in the business?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My daughter and I are equal partners in the business, although I put up all the money.

Carole Raven

H
i Whether or not her husband remains employed by the company he has a claim on your daughters share of the business.
How much that claim would be depends on a number of factors - but it is unlikely that the family court would order a sale of the business so that would not be an issue.
Her husband also has all the normal employment rights and the fact that they are separating does not change this
If this does not cover what you need to know then please ask for further clarification - there is no extra charge